In this deeply emotionally charged atmosphere, brought about by the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Gaza and the subsequent increase in Islamophobia, the Central Illinois Mosque & Islamic Center earnestly encourages everyone to exercise heightened caution. When you voice your support for Palestine and the people of Gaza, please take into consideration the following guidelines:
- Always keep in mind the valuable teachings of Prophet Muhammad, (peace be upon him), which emphasize the importance of gentleness and caution against violence and the use of offensive language.
“Hold on, O `Aisha! You should be gentle and beware of violence and bad words.” (Bukhari)” مَهْلاً يَا عَائِشَةُ، عَلَيْكِ بِالرِّفْقِ، وَإِيَّاكِ وَالْعُنْفَ وَالْفُحْشَ ”.
- If you decide to participate in a protest, make sure that it is peaceful and nonviolent.
- Be mindful of your language and actions, both in what you say, write, and share on social media. Take care and make sure they cannot be misconstrued as incitement to violence.
- Stay vigilant in your surroundings and promptly report any incidents of hate or suspicious activities to the local authorities.
- When contributing to humanitarian efforts in Gaza, ensure that your donations are directed to a US-based 501(c)(3) organization that was licensed to engage in humanitarian work in Gaza prior to the recent developments.
- Please take time to watch “THE GAZA IMPACT: LEGAL INSIGHTS” by the Muslim Legal Fund (MLFA)on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9FqvKwdnTQ