*This page is now obsolete and is being kept available as a reference and historic reference. Updated announcements are always available on the CIMIC announcements page
Updated: January 29th, 2021
Alhamdulillah the daily congregational prayers resumed at CIMIC from (1/23) Fajar time.
Friday prayers also resumed from 1/29.
* As soon as updated details are received by the CIMIC-IT Div from the board, we will share them with the community and post the details on this page in terms of guidelines.
Updates provided Jan. 29th:
Max no. is 100
Masks are required to be worn properly
Distance 6 feet
Children ok to be next to father or mother
Prayer rugs are required
No socialization inside
No hand shaking
Wudu very limited
Please make wudu at home
Please remind each others to follow the rules 100%
Update 1/22 10:35pm -(We just received the following guidelines from the board and appreciate your cooperation)
The CIMIC board consulted with the Champaign Public Health official and decided the following:
1. Prayers at CIMIC will resume starting on Saturday 1/23 for all 5 prayers.
2. There will be 2 Friday prayers starting on Friday 1/29. The first prayer will be at 12:10pm and the second prayer will be at 1:10pm.
3. The maximum number of people allowed inside the mosque for any prayer is 100
4. If you are feeling sick or have any COVID symptoms or have tested positive; please stay home to prevent the spread of infection.
5. The following will be required while on the premises:
- Wearing a mask properly
- Bring your own prayer rug
- Social distancing – 6 feet
- No socializing
- Fill the signup sheets when entering the masjid.
6. No activities other than praying shall be allowed in the mosque.
Everyone is requested to leave immediately after they finish praying.
7. Strongly recommended to make wudu at home.
Thank you for your cooperation, may Allah bless you all
——————The previous Update on Reopening (From Nov, 3rd-2020)———-
Updated: November 3rd, 2020
- If you are not feeling well or tested positive, stay home
- Properly wearing mask
- Social distance & leave as soon as the prayer is over
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds
- Used your own prayer rug
- Wudu areas & bathrooms are not available
- Sign up every time you enter the Masjid
- Inform the Masjid if you were tested positive
——————Previous Update on Reopening (From July, 4th-2020)———-
CIMIC will be reopening starting July 4th Inshallah in a phase wise approach.
We appreciate the community for the patience and all the helpful suggestions on ‘how to open up safely’, as much as possible.
We understand there is no ‘ideal’ solution to this situation, but we have tried our best to get inputs from CUPHD, community as well as guidance based on health and religious aspects, to establish the below guidelines for reopening. May Allah (swt) guide us all to the right path.
We again sincerely request for the community to help us follow the guidelines for every one’s safety.
Phase I will commence on July 4th (Duhar & Maghrib Prayers Only)
Phase II will commence July 18th (All prayers including Friday Prayers)
Guidelines and Regulations
It is strongly recommend to pray at home (per our Imam’s recommendation).
Praying at the Masjid will take place outside on the grass during dry weather.
The prayer may be moved indoors based on weather conditions, with doors and windows open.
- If you are feeling sick or have an elevated temperature, please stay home.
- Make wudu at home (Masjid bathrooms & wudu areas, as well as all other small rooms, are not available).
- It is encouraged that people older than 65 years of age not to be at the Masjid during prayers especially those with weak immune systems or underlying health conditions.
- No children under 16 years of age in the Masjid even if they are with parents.
- Maximum number allowed in the masjid is 50 people total (men & women). Once the number 50 is reached no one will be admitted.
- Must wear a face mask at all times.
- Bring your own prayer rug. No one will be admitted without wearing a face mask & having their own rug.
- Take your shoes off outside the Masjid & place them on the shoe rack outside.
- If raining, please follow a one way path in and out of the Masjid as marked.
- Observe social distancing rules (6 feet minimum).
- During prayer, stand on the designated spot as marked by tape or color spray.
- No handshakes or hugs.
- Avoid gatherings in or out of the Masjid.
- The Masjid will be used for prayers only, no sports, school, or meetings.
- Please minimize time in the masjid & do Sunnah at home.
- There will be two (*) Friday prayers. One at 1:05 pm, the 2nd is at 2:05 pm
The first Friday July 24th, 2020 is for people with last names beginning with A – I
The following Friday 31st, 2020 is for people with last names beginning with J – Z
Keep alternating the above last name groupings until further notice. This will give a maximum number of people a chance to attend Friday prayers.
(*) Depending on how phase-I goes, The Masjid may have 3 Friday prayers every Friday & divide people into three groups based on their last names.
Let us encourage each other to follow these guidelines and protect our community and volunteers.
May Allah keep all of us in His Protection.